Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine is a comprehensive, four-year osteopathic medical college located in Dothan, Alabama. ACOM, the academic division of the Houston County Health Care Authority, is affiliated with Southeast Alabama Medical Center in Dothan, a 420-bed regional medical center.
Southeast Alabama Medical Center serves more than 600,000 residents in a 75-mile radius and has more than 2,500 employees and an active medical staff of 300.
- The first osteopathic college to open in Alabama
- The first osteopathic college in the nation to share a campus with a regional medical center
- One of 34 osteopathic colleges in the nation
- Groundbreaking January 2012
- Construction 2012
- A class of 150 students to begin study August 2013
- Granted Provisional Accreditation as of July 1, 2012, by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Inaugural class to graduate in 2017
Mission of ACOM
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine will provide quality, learner-centered osteopathic education, research, and service with an emphasis on patient-centered primary care to serve the medically underserved areas of Alabama and the nation.
Vision of ACOM
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine will be regionally and nationally recognized for significantly impacting the physician workforce needs and access to quality medical services.
- Excellence and Passion
- Innovation and Creativity