Located in Bangkok, Thailand's capital city, as well as in Hua-Hin, a popular resort area with an international population, Stamford International University (STIU) is dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding and academic excellence.
Named after Sir Stamford Raffles (1781-1826), the great English colonial administrator, historian and educator, Stamford International University opened its first campus in Thailand in 1995, near Palm Hills Golf Resort, Hua-Hin. To meet the growing demand for international education in Thailand and the ASEAN region, Stamford International University opened its second campus in Bangkok in 2009. Conveniently located along the new Bangkok Airport Link rail line, it is home to a truly international community of students from 100 countries around the world. In 2015, Stamford International University opened the Asoke Campus Learning Center which is located at the heart of Bangkok’s business center at the Exchange Tower, conveniently connected to BTS and MRT stations. It offers Thai and International MBA programs, with a variety of study modes and class times to adapt to modern lifestyles.
During its 20 years of establishment, Stamford has continued to offer high-standard international education to Thai and international students from over 100 countries throughout the world. Stamford has become a partner of the Laureate International Universities. As a partner of the global network of more than 70 institutions in 25 countries serving more than one million students, Stamford gained access to global teaching and learning resources; Students will also have more study abroad opportunities. 30% of students at the Bangkok campus are international from over 100 different countries, with faculty members come from all corners of the world. At Stamford, every day is a truly cross-cultural experience.
Students have access to:
- Global Teaching and Learning Resources
- More Study Aboard and Dual Degree Opportunities
- World-class programs such as Laureate English Program & Laureate Hospitality Programs
- Many fellow Laureate students and alumni around the world who share goals and dreams
Stamford International University and its programs, curricula & degrees are fully accredited by the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Ministry of University Affairs (MUA) of Thailand. You can find us on the CHE (MUA)’s List of Accredited Private Universities of Thailand.
Stamford achieved an excellent score in internal quality assessment for three consecutive years (2009 - 2011) confirmed by Office of the Higher Education Commission. This has placed us among the top Thai international universities. According to the quality assessment,
- Employers are most satisfied with the English communication skills of Stamford graduates
- 100% of Stamford graduates received higher than average salaries in their respective industries
Stamford International University is the Thailand counterpart of Laureate International Universities. Stamford offers global educational programs through our double degree (available only in selected schools), exchange and study aboard programs. Some of our partners are:
- Hogeschool van Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- University of Vaasa, Finland
- Hochschule Bremerhaven, Germany
- Ecole Superieure du Commerce Exterieur (ESCE), France
- Metropolitan University of Prague, Czech Republic
- Tomas Bata University, Czech Republic
- Bilgi University, Turkey
- Hunan International Economics University (HIEU), China
- European University, Switzerland/ Spain/ Germany
- University of New England, Australia
- Torrens University, Australia
- Myongji University, South Korea
- Universidade Europeia, Portugal
- Macromedia University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Recently, Stamford International University became the first university in Thailand to receive International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) accreditation – the leading outcomes based professional accrediting organization for business programs in student-centered colleges and universities globally.